Monday, October 27, 2014



So the release of my second book The Fiercest Star is just around the corner, (November 3rd!) and I had a bit of an OH MY GOD moment when I saw the page count on Amazon came to a whopping 670. I’m not sure how accurate that is in relation to a paper book, but I assume it must have some root in reality.

I had a little panic, thinking no one's going to read this because of its length alone. I had a sell-out moment contemplating what scenes I could cut. And quickly realized the story would not be complete without, well…all of it. Then I remembered that my favorite books are all quite long, and I always wish the *300-page-pared-down-for-quick-consumption* urban fantasy novels I love were longer, had more detail, more character development, on top of being fun and sexy book candy. 

If Larry McMurtry had stopped at page three hundred the herd never would have reached Montana. If Anne Rice stopped at page three hundred Lestat never would have made it to New Orleans…And so I humbly hope that this is one of those books that leaves your literary appetites feeling delightfully satiated, rather than half-starved and *oh I hope you don’t mind waiting another WHOLE year for the next paltry installment*... Bon appétite!

No comments:

Post a Comment